NIKE BASKETBALL SHOES
More than any other sport, basketball relies on sharp cuts, quick sprints and explosive movements. Taking into consideration playing surface type, outsole pattern, surface ratio and rubber composition, Nike basketball shoes provide the lightweight cushioning, trusted traction and crossover style required by the game’s best players.
Elements that Create the Best Basketball Shoe
- Lighter Weight: By combining the best and latest footwear technologies, including Flyknit and Flywire, Nike basketball shoes continue to find ways to shed weight without sacrificing structure and support.
- Traction: Nike basketball shoes feature cutting-edge traction patterns and technology designed to stand up to the rigors of the game. Modifications to the tried-and-true herringbone outsole pattern provide next-level traction for quick cuts and dynamic movements.
- Support: Technologies like Flyknit, BattleKnit and Flywire (really strong cables) supply reinforced, lightweight security. Creative lacing systems also help provide stability, locked-in support and a custom-feel fit.
Which Basketball Shoes are Best for You?
- Indoor Basketball Shoes vs. Outdoor Basketball Shoes: Designed for hardwood and rubber surfaces, indoor basketball shoes feature traction patterns, allowing players to confidently grip the court. Outdoor basketball shoes feature rugged outsoles for increased durability for all types of rough surfaces.
- Best Basketball Shoes for Guards: Lighter weight low-top basketball shoes feature inner-sleeves that provide a secure, sock-like fit without sacrificing support. Explore the Kyrie Irving basketball shoes collection for signature models designed with state-of-the-art multidirectional traction patterns.
- Best Basketball Shoes for Forwards: Forwards require a shoe that is as versatile as they are, providing premium cushioning and support without sacrificing lightweight construction. Shoes built with low-profile Nike Zoom Air cushioning provide light and responsive comfort while technologies like Flyknit and BattleKnit provide lightweight and targeted support in the upper.
- Best Basketball Shoes for Centers: With so much force generated with each step, high-top basketball shoes with top-level cushioning helps to keep bigger players comfortable and injury-free.
Wear the Basketball Shoes of Your Favorite Pros
- What shoes does LeBron James wear? LeBron basketball shoes combine heavy-duty structure with lightweight, responsive cushioning in order to create shoes fit to meet the athletic demands of the King.
- What shoes does Kevin Durant wear? Kevin Durant rocks his Nike KD basketball shoes, engineered to provide locked-in comfort and on-demand support for do-everything players. Be sure to check out the all-new KD12, featuring the latest innovations in Nike Air Zoom cushioning.
- What shoes does Kyrie Irving wear? Designed for one of the game’s most inventive ball handlers, Kyrie basketball shoes provide ultra-flexible traction and responsive cushioning, ideal for quickly changing pace and direction.
Explore the full lineup of basketball gear at Nike basketball.