The Ultimate Nike Weekend Getaway Packing List
Heading out on a weekend trip? Make sure your packing list is complete with this go-to guide.
A weekend getaway often calls for quick and efficient packing. It's important to have everything you'll need to enjoy the trip—without overpacking or spending hours strategising about what to bring.
For seamless packing and no-fuss preparation, check out the ultimate weekend packing list from Nike.
- 1 Compact Backpack or Duffel Bag: For a two-day weekend trip, a bag with 30 to 50 litres of storage is generally sufficient to pack all you'll need.
- 1 Hip Pack or Small Bag: While on the trip, a hip pack provides hands-free storage for a range of activities like hiking, walking, running, biking or simply exploring.
- 1 Pair of Comfortable Walking Shoes: Bring a pair of walking shoes that provide support and cushioning as you explore your getaway location.
- 1 Pair of Sandals: If you're headed somewhere warm, pack a pair of sandals. Nike has slides, slip-ons and flip-flops for sandy surfaces, as well as sandals designed to provide support for walking.
- 2–3 Pairs of Trousers, Shorts or Leggings: Nike Dri-FIT trousers, shorts and leggings can work well for travel, because they're designed to be moisture-wicking—they'll keep you cool and dry throughout the day.
- 2–3 Tops: As with bottoms, Nike Dri-FIT tops are a versatile and practical choice for travel.
RELATED: For Nike's latest styles of tops, shop new releases.
- 2–3 Pairs of Underwear: Don't forget to pack undergarments, including a high-support sports bra if your travel includes any high-impact activities, as well as your underwear of choice. For men, check out Nike's round-up of the best underwear.
- 2–3 Pairs of Socks: Opt for Nike Dri-FIT socks to take you from a chilly plane ride to check-in at your destination.
- 1 Swimsuit: If you're heading on a beach trip, or if there will be access to a pool where you're staying, make sure you pack a swimsuit.
- 1 Jacket or Hoodie: Layers tend to come in handy while travelling. Pack a hoodie to layer over your outfit in case you need it. If there's chilly or rainy weather forecast, pack a lightweight windbreaker or rain jacket, as well. For extra protection from cold weather, opt for a Nike Therma-FIT jacket or gilet, which is designed to provide warmth without adding bulk.
- Sunglasses: For sun protection and style, pack a pair of sunglasses. Opt for polarised lenses if you want to reduce reflective glare from snow or water.
- Hat: Help protect your face from the sun with a bucket hat, cap or visor.
- Water Bottle: Make sure you stay hydrated on your trip by packing a reusable water bottle that you can fill up on the go.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Should I Remember to Pack for a Weekend Getaway?
First things first: Make sure you have the documents you need to travel, especially if you're travelling via aeroplane. That includes a passport or other ID card, plus cash, credit cards or other methods of payment.
Make sure not to leave your mobile phone at home, and bring essential medication and other personal items, such as contact lenses or glasses. It's also important to also bring the right clothing, shoes and accessories to get the most out of your trip.
Can You Travel for the Weekend With Just a Backpack?
Yes! A backpack with 30 to 50 litres of storage is generally sufficient for a weekend trip. Nike backpacks are designed to provide multiple pockets and compartments for efficient packing and easy access to what you need.
Words by Lindsay Frankel