The 2018/19 Pumas alternate kit represents the strong synergy between the team and the University. Designed in a classy navy blue, the jersey features the iconic Pumas emblem in gold, merging the UNAM crest in a lighter gold tone.
With the courage taught from the academy teams, the Club is ready to preserve their unrivaled legacy on pitch.
The UNAM Pumas was founded in 1954 by an amateur group of student players from the Universidad Nacional. The 'Pumas' nickname, which is now an essential part of the team's image, came from coach Roberto 'Tapatío' Méndez. Méndez used the Puma as a symbol to describe their aggressive and intelligent style of play. Seven Primera División championships and four international titles later, the Pumas have proven that courage.
Nicknames: Los Pumas ("The Pumas"), La Universidad ("The University"), Azul y Oro ("Blue and Gold”)
Stadium: Estadio Olímpico Universitario, Mexico City, Mexico
• Dri-FIT fabric helps keep you dry and comfortable
• Breathable Dri-FIT fabric delivers optimal ventilation
• Raglan sleeves and side insets for mobility
• Rib collar provides a snug, comfortable fit
• Replica design with team details for pride