6 Gifts for Hikers
Not sure what to get the hiking enthusiast in your life? Check out this guide.
Public service announcement: hiking gifts go way beyond camping tents and merino-wool socks.
The hiking enthusiast in your life may also need hiking boots, trousers, jackets or packs. Regardless of which terrain or trail the hiker in your life prefers, there's a Nike gift out there for them. Need proof? Check out the six best hiking gifts by Nike below.
(Related: The Benefits of Hiking, According to Experts)
1. Nike ACG Hiking Shoes
You can't go wrong with gifting your forest-walker with one of the heavy-duty shoes in this line. Built from materials that are as lightweight as they are tough, these shoes can help your hiker go as long, far and high as they desire.
The Air Zoom Gaiadom GORE-TEX shoe boasts large lugs along the outsole (also known as traction-giving bumps), which will help your hiker pal scale steep inclines. And a three-pronged traction pattern will enable them to scramble safely along unmarked territory. These boots also provide extra protective padding along the ankle, offering extra comfort and support to those muscles and tendons as they traverse rough terrain.
- Nike Air technology absorbs impact and adds cushion for comfort
- Extra padding around the ankle aids in descent support
- Reflective design laces for nighttime visibility
(Related: The Best Winter Hiking Gear From Nike)
2. Nike Hiking Backpack
If you'd describe your beloved hiker as hardcore, consider gifting them the Nike ACG 36 backpack. With the capacity to carry 44 litres worth of supplies and gear, this pack is designed to hold everything that someone would need for a weekend trek. It even comes with a removable rain cover and separate bag for damp (or dirty) items.
Most importantly, this pack is comfortable. It features a moulded back panel, ergonomic shoulder straps and a sternum clasp that will help your hiker personalise the bag's fit to their frame. All of these key details make the pack-wearing experience that much more comfortable and supportive.
- Trekking pole loops
- 5-plus side and strap pockets encourage easy access
- Built-in compression straps help keep the pack compact
3. Nike Hiking Jackets for Women
When the weather is on the cooler side, hikers can benefit from having a jacket that traps heat and is made from moisture-wicking materials.
Opting for one of these jackets—especially those with elasticated cuffs or fitted sleeves—can help keep the cold from seeping in around the wrists. The Nike Dri-FIT Bliss Luxe is one such option that's designed to keep in the heat. The bungee cords at the waist and neck of this jacket help lock heat in, preventing it from escaping the top or midsection.
This oversize style also has zip pockets on the front of the body that are large enough to fit everything from trail mix and a compass to a mobile phone and keys.
- Available in both regular and plus sizes, ranging from XS-3X
- Comes in six colours to match winter gear
- High-stretch woven fabric encourages free movement, all while keeping things dry
4. Nike Hiking Jackets for Men
Whether your loved one clambers through cedars, walks trails or perseveres through snow, they can benefit from a top layer that keeps them warm and dry. Made from Nike Storm-FIT ADV fabric that is both windproof and waterproof, the Sportswear Storm-FIT ADV Tech Pack GORE-TEX is just one option that delivers.
Plus, thanks to the GORE-TEX inner mesh, which enables sweat to escape, your hiker will stay dry on the inside, too.
- Outer Nike Storm-FIT ADV fabric is water and windproof
- Inner GORE-TEX mesh to keep everything dry
- Adjustable elastic cuffs provide extra protection against the wet and cold
5. Nike Hiking Trousers for Men and Women
With this gift, your hiking pal won't be trapped indoors when cold weather strikes. Consider shopping for the Nike ACG Polartec® Wolf Tree trousers. These ultra-soft fleece hiking trousers are made from a 100-percent recycled polyester that keeps the heat in, while releasing moisture.
Available in both men's and women's sizes, Nike ACG Polartec® Wolf Tree trousers feature zip pockets on either side to keep essential items close.
- Available in a variety of men's and women's sizes
- Warm but breathable Polartec® material provides comfort
- Made from 100-percent recycled materials
6. Small Nike Hiking Packs
An overnight pack can be too cumbersome to carry on shorter hikes. If your adventurer likes to enjoy nature walks that can be completed within a few hours, consider giving them the gift of a hip pack like the Nike Heritage Waistpack.
This carrier is large enough to carry a phone, keys and snacks but not so big that it will weigh down its wearer.
- Available in fun colours, including Pink Glaze, Valerian Blue and Sequoia
- Made from at least 65-percent recycled polyester
- Features a buckle and easy-to-adjust straps
Words by Gabrielle Kassel